Valve/Rocker Cover Racing is a regular event at GOF Central meets.
Get your MG cover ready to rocker and roll!
- The course shall consist of a launch incline eight (8) feet long, followed by a level run out of twenty (20) feet.
- The launch incline shall be divided into two (2) lanes, each two (2) feet wide. The incline shall be two (2) feet high at the rearmost part and level with the course at the front edge. The front edge shall be mitered so as to provide a smooth transition from the incline to the run out area.
- The official “starting line” shall be two (2) feet from the rear edge of the incline. A mechanized starting gate may be provided.
- The run out section of the course shall consist of two (2) lanes, each three (3) feet wide. The lanes shall be clearly marked.
- The finish line shall be marked twenty (20) feet from the front edge of the launch incline.
- The cars shall have no power source. All motive force is provided by gravity.
- Cars shall be based on an actual rocker cover or cam cover from a British automobile engine.
- Wheelbase shall be no more than twenty-four (24) inches.
- Wheel track shall be no more than fourteen(14) inches.
- Cars must have four functioning wheels, each no more than six (6) inches in diameter.
- Cars will be run in heats of two (2) cars each.
- Race will be single elimination random draw pairings.
- The cars are to be launched with their front wheels on the starting line. The first car to have its front wheels cross the finish line is the winner. If neither car makes it to the finish line, the car going the furthest wins.
- If the wheels of a car should touch the lane markers, or cross over the lane markers, the car shall be disqualified. The competing car immediately becomes the winner.
- Winning cars will advance to the next round until all are eliminated except one car.